Until December 31st customers will pay only what they think Harmless is worth to them. A minimum price of 9 USD is set to cover transaction & handling fees.
With a unique twist, Harmless is a subtractive synthesizer powered by an additive synthesis engine. Harmless has no tabs or hidden controls, with all features clearly visible in helpful color-coded groups. Over 100 parameters, most automatable, are available on the clear one-page GUI making Harmless perfect for live performance and sound-design experimentation.
The subtractive-additive synthesis process allows the user to create sounds that are either too complicated or impossible to program using traditional subtractive synthesis techniques. In particular, filters and phasers can be assigned unusual shapes/slopes and can even be defined in Hz resolution.
“Harmless gains control of each partial’s frequency, opening a world of new possibilities for creating innovative sounds. It is a ground-breaking subtractive-additive synthesizer that sounds amazing, has a huge repertoire and invites experimentation, as you are about to discover”, says Didier Dambrin, Chief Software Architect at Image Line Software.
With the release of Harmless, Image Line Software also announces an unique pricing system for the synthesizer. Until the end of 2009 customers are asked to pay only what they think is a fair price for Harmless. The minimum, to cover the transaction fees and handling has been set at 9 USD, but after that, it’s entirely up to customers what they are ready to pay based on the demo and their willingness to support future development.
? Harmless Key features:
• ?Single page color-coded GUI for immediate gratification.
• ?Efficient CPU usage & multithreading.
• ?Harmonic mask function.
• ?Specialized pluck filter.
• ?Unique phaser & harmonizer
Main control categories:
• ?Timbre – The oscillator or sound generation controls.
• ?Unison – Voice thickening & stereoizing effect.
• ?Phaser – Creates totally unique phasing and partial based effects, only possible with Harmless.
• ?LFO – Modulation source for adding motion and evolution to sounds.
• ?Effects – Chorus, Delay, Reverb & Compression.
• ?2Ghz AMD or Intel Pentium 3 compatible CPU with full SSE1 support
• ?512 Mb RAM
• ?130 Mb disk space
• ?Windows XP/Vista/7?
A demo version of Harmless could be downloaded from Image Line Software Download Section.