At Winter NAMM 2019, from January 24-27 in Anaheim, CA, Sony will be showcasing the latest audio technologies in booth #10720 including hi-res microphones, recorders, wireless receivers and transmitters, headphones, and audio enhanced video camera setups. New to the booth are Sony’s latest professional hi-res recorders, PCM-D10 and PCM-A10, ideal for live music recording, podcasting, and news reporting.
Common to both new portable recorder models are features including Bluetooth wireless playback; NFC compatibility; adjustable hi-res (~40kHz capable), three position stereo mics (X-Y, Zoom, or Wide); smartphone monitoring and remote control via Sony’s REC Remote app; recording linear PCM and MP3 formats, with playback support of MP3/AAC/WMA/WAV/FLAC file formats; and 16GB of built-in memory with additional SD card support.
Other highlights of the new models include:
PCM-D10 Portable Hi-Resolution Audio Recorder
· Highly sensitive on-the-go recording with minimal noise
· Reliable hi-res recordings of up to 192kHz/24bit
· 2 XLR-TRS combo jacks
· +48V phantom power support for condenser microphone connections
· High quality analog MAX9723 headphone amplifier
· Digital limiter function
· USB Type-C™ port for file transfers and continuous record/play when powered externally
· 3 peak level (-20dB/-12dB/Over) indicator, L/R independent peak level display and L/R independent analog REC volume control.
PCM-A10 Portable Hi-Resolution Audio Recorder
· Captures sound at up to 96kHZ/24-bit
· Records WAV and MP3 file formats
· Audio editing functions (copy and divide)
· Rehearsal function for automatic adjustment of recording levels to match playing
· Manual recording mode
· Built-in, retractable USB connector allows for direct computer connection
· Up to 15-hours of battery life in high-quality LPCM 96kHz/24-bit recording mode.
Pricing and Availability
The following are planned availability and suggested retail prices for the new hi-res recorders:
· PCM-D10: $499.99, spring 2019
· PCM-A10: $229.99, currently available.
For more information, please visit pro.sony/professional-audio.
About Sony Electronics’ Imaging Products and Solutions – Americas
Sony Electronics’ Imaging Productions and Solutions – Americas group develops and manufactures video and audio technologies and solutions for a range of professional applications. These include broadcast television and motion picture production, live event production, ENG/EFP, digital cinematography, and more. Sony professional technologies are used in market segments including media solutions, imaging solutions, education, visual simulation and entertainment, theater, healthcare and sports. Visit pro.sony for more information.